On the Practice of Yoga
10. Now I shall tell you how easily to attain success in Yoga, by knowing which the Yogis never fail in the practice of Yoga.
11. Only the knowledge imparted by a Guru, through his lips, is powerful and useful; otherwise it becomes fruitless, weak and very painful.
12. He who is devoted to any knowledge, while pleasing his Guru with every attention, readily obtains the fruit of that knowledge.
13. There is not the least doubt that Guru is father, Guru is mother, and Guru is God even; and as such, he should be served by all with their thought, word and deed.
14. By Guru’s favor everything good relating to one’s self is obtained. So the Guru ought to be daily served; else there can be nothing auspicious.
15. Let him salute to his Guru after walking three times around him, and touching with his right hand his lotus-feet.