Transformation through ancient wisdom
On the Practice of Yoga
10. Now I shall tell you how easily to attain success in Yoga, by knowing which the Yogis never fail in the practice of Yoga.
11. Only the knowledge imparted by a Guru, through his lips, is powerful and useful; otherwise it becomes fruitless, weak and very painful.
12. He who is devoted to any knowledge, while pleasing his Guru with every attention, readily obtains the fruit of that knowledge.
13. There is not the least doubt that Guru is father, Guru is mother, and Guru is God even; and as such, he should be served by all with their thought, word and deed.
14. By Guru’s favor everything good relating to one’s self is obtained. So the Guru ought to be daily served; else there can be nothing auspicious.
15. Let him salute to his Guru after walking three times around him, and touching with his right hand his lotus-feet.
Translation by Rai Bahadur Srisa Chandra Vasu
The Siva Samhita
published 1914 / page 25
Ancient lifestyle practices designed for UNION OF BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT
The Life force known as OJAS is the subtle vehicle of consciousness, which enters the heart, the circulatory channels and is fed and improved through food, purity, cheer and hope. It also supplies the body with fine material for building the senses. It is the part of the brain that operates in memory, intelligence and willpower. Continue reading “Science of Ayurveda”
The Guru Gita
A conversation between Devi and Shiva
26. The hidden ignorance, absence of knowledge of Self, the world-Maya, the body – are all caused by ignorance. By whose grace one attains direct knowledge of the Self – he is known by the name ‘Guru’.
27. I prostrate to the Guru, whose two lotus-like feet help the removal of all miseries arising out of pairs of opposites and who saves one from the round of births and deaths.
28. I shall tell you that by which the embodied soul, purified from all sins, becomes Brahman. It is by the Service of the Guru’s feet…..